After exhausting work of conviction, the project finally went to Tokyo 2.0 port! GIAPPONEEEEEE IS BACK!
We found a flight with Alitalia to a really great price: 500 € per person, round trip. Last year with SAS we have spent almost € 850. Quite a difference! Also, traveling with an Italian company, I hope there are movies in Italian. Not that those do not understand English, but I require much greater attention and concetrazione. This year, then I think I'll take something to sleep, hoping that time passes more quickly.
addition to the airline have also changed the hotel. The Bandung, Asakusa, and was very cheap, as the rooms were small, we were very good. But there was a major sore point: almost 1 mile of road to get to the station! Now, the walk early in the morning can also be nice (if it rains or there is a wind that rips off her clothes!) But in the evening when you come back and feet aching so tired and want you to throw on the ground and die at that very moment, you do not really want to mill 1 mile to reach the hotel. Right?!
So this year the choice fell on a mooooooolto hotel close to a JR station, much nicer than the other, one stop away from Akihabara and only 7 euro more per night!
Last year I had not given much importance to the speech or non-JR JR. I found this hotel at 50 € per night and I thought it was fine. Yet the speech also be able to use only a JR line has its own importance for the purpose of saving something.
In short, the transmission lines are divided in Tokyo JR and Tokyo Metro, the latter managed by many different companies. This means that if you exit a subway line, to enter another, you spend a lot more. A bit like the discussion of the connection fee! Better make one long phone call, rather than a lot of very short!
Speaking in particular of the JR Yamanote Line, after a while you realize that the major points of interest have arisen precisely along the circular path of this line and so there is no need to change the line often.
This year, I have also added to the discourse Japan Rail Pass. At first it seems that costs a fortune but then, doing the math, you realize how easy it is amortized by structuring the trip such as this year.
It 's true that it will be amortized more running far and wide as Japan, changing cities every two or three days, but the important thing is even cover the cost without losing. The JRP
from 7 days costs 250 € while from 14 days costs $ 400. Can be used on all JR trains, then Yamanote and Chuo Tobu line to shoot in Tokyo and on all Shinkansen, excluding the Nozomi. And the Shinkansen are really expensive, especially if you want to reserve your seat and be sure to sit down! The book costs about the same as the ticket!
So, we planned Kyoto, Shizuoka Hobby Center with Bandai and Bandai with Omocha no Machi Museum.
I have consulted the site Hyperdia (really convenient to get prices and times) and I did the following calculation:
13,220 yen (one person one way!) From Tokyo to Kyoto. Of course, having to come back, should be multiplied by 2! So 26,440 Yen = 6,180 Yen 232.00 €
from Tokyo to Shizuoka x 2 = 12,360 yen = 4,600 yen from 110.00 €
Ueno Utsunomiya x 2 = 9200 Yen = € 80.00
For these three trips, we have therefore total of € 420.00! And here we have already reached the cost of the JRP to 14 days! Virtually all remaining travel within Tokyo is as if they were free!
I just want to clarify one thing. The explanations I've found to get to the Bandai Museum are not very extensive. Or rather, they are, but I do not offer the best solution to achieve it. In fact, most sites I consulted recommended to the last stretch of 15 minutes by taxi. But the taxis in Japan are very dear, and then I would avoid it in this context. So I opted for an alternative solution in order to arrive at the station Omocha no Machi. After this preamble, the explanation would be this: I planned to use the Shinkansen from Ueno to Utsunomya to amortize the cost of the JRP (since in any case the Shinkansen are much faster and have more comfortable seats!) But you can get even with a normal line and takes only 10 minutes more! Since I have studied all this on paper and is therefore subject to errors of evaluation (^_^'), write the route on my return, if everything will be gone for the better!
For now I'll stop here!
0 comments:
Post a Comment